Lemon Raspberry Low Carb Pancakes

Weekends are my favorite time for breakfast. Why? Because I can actually spend the time to make a delicious AND beautiful meal. During the week, everything is so rushed. This morning I got up at 7:30am - BJ was still asleep. Mornings on the weekend are always peaceful, and I don't mind getting up early. I make coffee, I write, I clean, and I cook.

Now that it is spring, we're looking for more fresh and light recipes to invent - whereas in the fall / winter we prepare warm and comforting. I've been very into lemon anything the past few weeks - hence the discovery of my lemon cheese danishes from a previous recipe.

So, today I made Low Carb lemon raspberry pancakes. This is light, and fresh, and a nice change up to an old favorite.



3 Large eggs
6 Ounces whipped cream cheese
1 Tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp Erythritol or Truvia sweetener
1 Tsp Lemon extract
3 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cream cheese, lemon juice, and lemon extract. Add baking powder, Erythritol, and 1 Tbspn coconut flour. If the batter is still too thin, add 1 more Tbsp coconut flour. If still too thin, add the last 1 Tbsp of coconut flour. Fold in raspberries and lemon zest, but don't over mix and break them.

Spray griddle with coconut oil, and ladle 1/4 cup of the batter with 3-4 raspberries onto the griddle. I like to cover my pancakes while they cook on the first side. Once bubbles appear on the surface of the uncooked side, I gently flip to cook the other side until golden brown.



Serve with your favorite toppings. These are absolutely delicious - yet they taste as though you are eating something naughty. Low Carb, Sugar Free, Gluten Free, and all the great fresh tastes of spring. Bon Appetite!

Comments

Popular Posts