Low carb Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Oh. My. God.



Can a person be in love with a biscuit? Because I think I am. If you've ever been to Red Lobster - then you know about their cheddar bay biscuits. Admit it - you go there for those damn biscuits, too. I dream about those biscuits. Lets face it, they are crack in bread form.

While scanning my many Low Carb groups on facebook, I began seeing posts from people experimenting with recipes to replicate those beloved biscuits. This is the version I came up with that suits me, and my never dying need for cheddar bay.



1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. old bay seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 stick unsalted butter, softened


Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure to mix well so everything is completely incorporated.

In a separate bowl, mix the softened butter, eggs, sour cream, heavy cream. Add the wet to the dry and mix slightly. Stop and add the shredded cheese. Continue mixing until everything is thoroughly combined.



I used a small ice cream scoop to measure how much batter. Or use approximately 3 tbspn worth of batter on a parchment lined cookie sheet, spaced about 2 inches apart.

Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. The last two minutes of baking, baste with melted salted butter mixed with parsley.

This makes 20 biscuits, and has 2 carbs per biscuit. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts