Keto pancakes - Low Carb & Sugar Free!




So, we're back at it after being in a food coma for the past month and a half. What is it about the holidays that makes you lose every shred of decency when it comes to food? COOKIES? Why yes, I'll have 20 of those. Brownies? I'll take the pan, thanks. HOME MADE BREAD???? Shove the whole loaf in my mouth!

But, alas, doing so is just undoing all the hard work and progress of the prior months.

So, here we are - back on track and eating far healthier things. Tonight I prepared Keto pancakes for the next few days. I love Keto pancakes because they are quick, easy, and have absolutely no wheat or sugar in them.

10 ounces cream cheese - softened in microwave
2 large eggs
1 Tbspn swerve or turvia sweetener
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Scoop vanilla protein powder
2 Tbspn coconut flour
1 Tsp baking powder

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs - beat again until smooth. Add sugar substitute and vanilla protein powder. Beat until smooth. Add baking powder and 1 Tbspn of the coconut flour. Allow to sit for a minute to thicken. If still too loose, add the second Tbspn of coconut flour and mix until everything is completely combined and smooth. Griddle as you would normal pancakes. I find using coconut oil is the best option for the griddle. DELISH! I got 8 really nice size pancakes from this batter.

The key to going low carb is experimenting. I love pancakes - but I don't love the carbs, or how wheat and sugar turn my digestion into stomach warfare. These Keto pancakes are the perfect alternative, and taste great. Top with a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup - and you'll think you're having a nice big stack from iHop!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts