Happy Anniversary to us!

Today marks 7 years of marriage for Bj and I. 10 years this past July we first met. It feels like just yesterday, and I can't believe so much time has already passed. Daily I am reminded of how blessed my life is, having a husband as genuine and loving as him - I honestly don't know what I did to deserve him. But, I love him with all my heart, and everything that I do in this life is to continually improve and benefit our marriage. The path I was on when he and I met was not a good one. I don't know that I'd still be here. As scary as a statement that is, it's true. I think he saved me, as much as I saved him.



I think one of the greatest things about marrying my best friend is that there are no secrets, there are no surprises, we know each other so fully and completely - that when something good or bad is going on in our lives - we know exactly what to do or say in the circumstance. He has never let me down. He has never disappointed me. And he has never had unreasonable expectations of me. It's not to say we don't argue - we do, over really stupid things - but we are 100% solid in our relationship - and that makes me feel so incredibly blessed.



We talked tonight about our favorite memories from this past year, and any regrets we may have had. It's really nice that we can talk about these things. It's nice that we have memories to look back on and smile about.

Being so in love still after 10 years - it motivates me more into changing the course of my life and health. I don't want to ever leave him - and I know that with the path I was on, I was killing myself with food. And I don't want that for him. He deserves a happy, healthy wife. Knowing that there is still so much for us to explore in this world together - that motivates me, even if the scale hasn't moved in two months. I can feel the physical changes in my life from changing our way of eating - and he reminds me daily that it doesn't matter what the scale says right now, it matters that I'm not in pain when I walk, and that I'm sleeping, and that my clothes fit loose. He supports me, and pushes me when I need to be pushed.

I. Am. Blessed.

The past two weeks we've been on the low carbers "egg fast". We literally eat only eggs, every day, for every meal, period. Nothing else. And... I'll be honest. It's been a struggle some days. But we pushed each other to keep going. We'll reap the benefits. We're doing the egg fast again, this is the third week. I don't know if I have a fourth week in me, but I will try. We fast for 5 days, then the weekend we eat normally (low carb still of course) but we eat more than just eggs. So, thankfully our anniversary fell on Sunday - and we had 3 lbs of king crab legs, baked coconut shrimp, and bourbon salmon. Dear Lord... it was delicious. But back to the grind tomorrow. Eggs, eggs, and more eggs.

We had snow for the first time this year, last weekend. I am not ready for it yet. We did get a chance to drive around and take more pictures of the foliage. I love my new camera that Bj bought me last year for Christmas. It takes such beautiful photos. I think I may have found a new calling... photography! I've been telling Bj for years that I'd like to go back to college to take some classes in photography. Perhaps it's time?

Comments

Popular Posts