Oh how the time has flown by...

My poor blog has been dreadfully neglected. For over a year! So much to catch up on.

Where to begin? I suppose we'll do pictures and stories, yes?

 photo 6939c6fc-0e80-49ef-8423-93b49225fbe3_zps879a6118.jpg

Truman and Dusty are doing swimmingly well. Truman is 10 years young this year, and Dusty is 5 years young. My fur babies continue to give me endless entertainment and love in my life. Though, I have lost all but 1 of my bunnies.

 photo DSCF8063.jpg

Heart of my heart, Peanut, passed away a couple months ago. Lion head dwarf rabbits live, on average, about 7 years. He was 6 years old and battle with health problems his entire life. I woke up to find him laying on his side, and I knew something was wrong. He let out a very loud rabbit scream, and I wrapped him up and held him. I called the Vet to try to bring him in. He passed away before they opened. I know you're not supposed to play favorites... but I have to admit (out loud) that Peanut was truly the beat of my heart. As a baby, I didn't think he would survive. I made sure his mother gave him regular feeds and checked him constantly to make sure he was getting enough food and was healthy. I suppose I babied him his entire life. Losing a pet is never easy. They become part of you - part of your family. To me, these are not just pets - they are my children. I love them as if they were my own children. To watch any animal suffer, or pass away, is heart breaking. With that said, about a week ago, I lost Peanut's mother, Honey Bear. She was 7 years old. I came home to find her already passed on.

 photo DSCF6831.jpg

So, now I am left with one. Mischief - Peanuts twin. Poor thing has had to bare the brunt of kisses and cuddles. Mischief keeps to himself, mostly, only venturing out into the living room when it's peacefully quiet and no guests are here. I think he misses his mother and his siblings.

 photo DSCF7595.jpg

BJ and I have been wishy-washy with our Paleo / GF life style. We feel off the wagon for a bit but have been slowly reintroducing ourselves back into the life style. Lets face it - we're not very good at this. We try - but we've never been able to actually maintain for long periods of time. A lot of it is self defeat. But if there is anything that my last year of health issues has taught me, it's that you need to listen to what your body is telling you. My body has been screaming at me for the longest time - and I've been neglecting and ignoring it. I certainly don't wake up every morning thanking God that I'm over weight and unhealthy. It is true that when a person is ready to make changes - they will.

We've been working pretty steadily on paying down debt. I think we've come quite a ways over the last few years. We will hopefully in the next year or two be where we need to be to buy a home somewhere in PA - with lots of property. I would love to have acreage to build on - to plant gardens, to raise chickens... to homestead. I want to nest. Not necessarily with children in tow - but I want to nest with my husband, and our little farm of animals. Someday...

BJ has been perfecting his chainmaille skills - he's come a long way. I'm very proud of him. His work is beautiful. I wish we were able to get into the local Ren Faire here in PA - I think he would do well there. He's been working on a series of wallet chains in chainmaille that seem to have generated a large interest on Etsy. I'm happy for him. I've been waning in and out of a creative rut for a few months. I haven't produced much of anything.

 photo cded610a-89c2-4639-90d1-20bd27eecca3_zpse9a1669c.jpg

 photo jenspind-mens_zpsddbac67a.jpg

Well, I suppose that is all for now. :) Recipes later on!

Comments

Popular Posts