Happy Anniversary to us!

October 25, 2008 I married my best friend. I truly feel like one of the most blessed people on earth for having found the perfect companion, friend, and soul mate that could be matched to me. Before I met my husband, I had behind me a trail of hot mess train wreck relationships... from complete political and religious opposites, to bat shit crazy, to just down right "what was I thinking, was I that drunk?!" types.

In my early to mid twenties, I was so down on my self image that it was hard for me to believe that I deserved something good in my life - that because I was over weight and insecure that I needed to "settle for" whoever would have me. That's a horrible way to live! I had surgery, lost weight, and started to gain self confidence - and when I wasn't looking, BJ appeared in my life. At first I was hesitant to start a relationship with him because I was fresh out of another tragically ended relationship that near made me switch teams. However, he worked his charm, and wiggled his way into my heart.

That was no easy feat.

But, soon enough (ok, so almost immediately) I knew he was the one. There's just something about him - I just knew what I had was rare, and real, and was perfectly meant for me.

I wouldn't change my life for anything. Every moment, every experience, landed me directly in my husbands path at exactly the right moment. Meeting him, marrying him, has made everything I have gone through in my life worth every minute.

Not many people can say that they wouldn't change a thing about their life or their partner. I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a thing about us - we're perfectly imperfect. I like that best about us.

And I love my husband to the moon and back! Happy Anniversary to us - and to many more anniversaries to come!

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts